Monday, April 19, 2004

House of Hair....plus Damita Jo!!

This is a shout-out going to Vijay for his wonderful contribution to my music blog. Didn't realize you were such a headbanger, stud!! The Guns-N-Roses reference, definitely U2 and Aerosmith, and maybe Bon Jovi (I don't think you mentioned them), I must admit are some of the greatest bands from the stringy hair mess mop era. Take heed all those who don't know....must add them to your collection!!

On a different note, I wanted to discuss the latest and greatest from Janet....Miss Jackson if you're nasty. It called "Damito Jo"....and while I was worried by the choice of the first single "I Want You", a sleepy ballad, and raised an eyebrow to the Internet leak "Just a little while", a hip poppy cut; My musical thirst has been thoroughly quenched by the end result, which is probably lyrically Miss Jackson's raciest album to date. So, here's the scoop! Sexy, "Tit"-tillating, sensual, and explict sums up this effort. While a definite slight turn away from her usual formula of R&B, Urban, Pop, Dance, and Rock every three tracks, Damito Jo uses several producers on this album to contribute a lighter, but flavorful aura to her audience. The album reflects a happy Janet, fully capable and COMFORTABLE of exploring her WARM and MOIST sexual fantasies on vinyl...oops excuse me, on disc. As an avid fan of JJ, I haven't been able to rip it from my CD player since purchase. One criticism I must add though, is that the album and its name, Damito Jo (Janet's middle name), do not really go together as solidly as it should. The album is not truly a reflection of an alter-ego!! Sexually, Janet's been giving it to us bit by bit since LOVE WILL NEVER DO (WITHOUT U). At any rate, it possibly would have been more interesting for her to have explored a more intense deviation from the norm or take perhaps an even, bolder step in another direction. But ah, too each his/her own. The end product is still worth it. Audi!!

Recommendation: If you are an avid or die-hard fan of Miss Jackson, you won't be disappointed. If you are horny man, you won't be disappointed. Toss up, if neither.

No comments: