Thursday, September 22, 2005

You did what with a goat?

Brian has recently been dragging his reluctant girlfriend into listening to his latest musical obsession, the Mountain Goats. You all know that these musical obsessions come and go like wildfire with Brian and I am sometimes...shall we say unsympathetic to his expectation that we listen to them all the time. It takes me a while to slink into new music, it's like that few weeks after you get a dress or a new pair of jeans when you aren't quite sure if it was the right decision.

But last weekend, at Dave and Maggie's wedding we found ourselves with a rental car and no music and went to a wonderful store right near to the church called Luna Music, which its a miracle Brian and I ever escaped. He decided to get a Mountain Goats record and the new Nada Surf. Over the weekend I have been won over; I even had to admit that I (unlike Pitchfork Media, which is not at pitchfork.com) like it better than the Nada Surf he bought more for me.

Interestingly enough, I found out today that he also has a blog and I like it quite a bit, this time agreeing with Pitchfork in my enjoyment of John Darnielle's rantings and ravings at Last Plane to Jakarta.

Oh, and now I've posted on your blog, too, so you have to come and post on mine.

No comments: